At this event, we want to hear from you about the challenges you encounter keeping our schools and students safe. At Verizon, we believe that it is our responsibility as a large corporate citizen of the state of Texas to try to understand the problem better. We also believe that we have a responsibility to ensure that you know how to leverage our vast offerings of telecommunications and public safety solutions to fight the problem. In other words, we want to explore with you ways that we can jointly:
– Enhance student and staff safety
– Use technology to detect the presence of weapons.
– Enhance mass communication effectiveness during a disaster or campus wide events
– Provide enhanced security for school transportation through surveillance, location awareness and emergency communications
– Use lighting as part of your security infrastructure
– Pinpoint the location of active shooters and shorten the time to apprehend
– Ensure that your safety personnel are able to communicate even though the cell towers are congested.
– Collaborate more effectively with Public Safety agencies that provide support to your district
– Help you to locate campus staff and students during a crisis
– Keep students safe while online.
– Leverage creative funding alternatives to help you pay for technology.
– Utilize cellular technology to provide low cost business continuity services and pop up networks